First all night smoke tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kendra

TVWBB Member
This will be my first all night smoke. The 'ole WSM has been holding steady at 225 for an hour now, I'm totally amazed! I used the MM method to fire it up.

I'm only doing a 6 lb pork butt that I plan on pulling tommorrow for lunch. If it's ready early I'll wrap it and put it in a cooler and if it's late, we'll eat it for dinner.

Last weekend was the first time I used my new WSM. Smoked some ribs, baked beans and added chicken wings during the last two hours. The ribs were perfect. Tender, but still holding onto the bones. The wings were good. I tried crisping them up on the grill but they weren't that crispy. Next time I'll crisp them up under the broiler maybe. I made the buffalo hot sauce for on them. The baked beans were so so. I was so exhausted that day that I never put any effort into them.

I might have to crack my bedroom window tonight so I can smell that food cooking. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Enjoy, Kendra. Sounds like you're enjoying that new bullet. We'll be expecting a report!

Sweet dreams - of course, though, with that kind of smell coming through your window, they're pretty much assured of being so. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Beats babysitting the fire in the offset, doesn't it?

Keri C, smokin' on Tulsa Time

It sure does! Not only was it a lot of work, but I was smelling like a chimney when I was done. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

My first overnight was a butt the same size as yours...turned out great...neighbors infiltrated and scarfed uninvited...common side-effect of the WSM!! GOOD LUCK!!

Temperature dropped to 197 at 5:30am so I stirred the coals and got things heated back up. Internal temp is 183 right now.

Hoping to share this with my neighbor, but only if it tastes good. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Success! After 17 hours then another 1.5 hours wrapped & sitting in a cooler everything is good. I pulled the butt and what a delicious lunch we had. Now I have to figure out what I'm going to smoke next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back