First 22.5 WSM Mod-solid aluminum base with casters!

Rob Olive

Hey folks, I put a 1/4" thick x 28" wide aluminum disc under my WSM's feet yesterday. Stiffens the whole thing up dramatically for moving across rough pavement, etc. Used 4 heavy duty swivel casters (2 locking). Also picked up this cover from Amazon. Fits perfectly, is water resistant, and has enough room for when I add handles, a hinge, etc. I got the large size. Also has draw cord at bottom. Here's the Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NFTF462/?tag=tvwb-20

Attachments

• IMG_2994.jpg
    IMG_2994.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2995.jpg
    IMG_2995.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2996.jpg
    IMG_2996.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2997.jpg
    IMG_2997.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 39
I may have to get a different cover for mine once I add things. I have the original one and I think it may be too tight with the handles. Looks good!!

I may have to get a different cover for mine once I add things. I have the original one and I think it may be too tight with the handles. Looks good!!
From what I've heard, the original one may not be as water resistant either? Even though mine'll be under cover for the most part, I like that

From what I've heard, the original one may not be as water resistant either? Even though mine'll be under cover for the most part, I like that
Although my original one isn't leaking, one can reseal the seams with Tent Seam Sealer. Available from most tent suppliers...

Nice work on the 28” disc. We’re the dimensions I provided earlier this month a help?

Did you CNC machine the 28” base?

Nice work on the 28” disc. We’re the dimensions I provided earlier this month a help?

Did you CNC machine the 28” base?
Yes, and thank you again for providing the info to me! I had the disc cut by a fab outfit...I believe they used a plasma cutter but not positive. Then used a buddy's drill press to drill the holes.

Looks great! Love your cookshack!
Thanks! Had to find a home for my big cooker you see in there, and came up with that...there's a 24x48 stainless prep table in there as well. I'm going to be starting a YouTube BBQ channel in which the whole setup will be featured.

Back