Finishing Brisket in Crock Pot

Brian Trommater

TVWBB Super Fan
I am doing a Brisket point tomorrow. I will be away from home. I was planning on smoking it for 3 hrs and then putting it in a crock pot with a little apple juice before leaving home. I would think this should work ok shouldn't it?

That should produce some great smoked pot roast.
I haven't done it myself, but the pictures I saw had some onions and carrots in the crock pot too.

Looked really tender and even had a nice smoke ring.

Let us know how it turns out.

I have done 2 briskets on my Weber grill, using one burner and a metal box for the wood chips. I followed my cousin's instructions. He cooks in competitions in TX and also caters bbq. He told me to smoke it for 2 hrs and then wrap it in foil and I could finsh it in the oven. He often finishes them in a portable 20 qt. roaster oven for catering, so a crockpot should work. My brisket was so big it wouldn't have fit in my largest pot! I do have a 12 qt. roaster oven but it was too much trouble to dig it out, LOL. So I did 3 hrs in the oven at 275.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian Trommater:
I am doing a Brisket point tomorrow. I will be away from home. I was planning on smoking it for 3 hrs and then putting it in a crock pot with a little apple juice before leaving home. I would think this should work ok shouldn't it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Texan in me shudders to think of a fellow Texan adding apple juice to a brisket
icon_smile.gif

Brisket point turned out very good. I smoked at 250 for 3 hours with pecan wood. Put into crock pot with about 3 ounces of apple juice and cooked for 6 hrs on low. We had it for lunch today and it was very good. Sliced it and reheated in the micro wave. Very smokey flavor and nice and tender. I don't think there is much differance from foiling to using the crock pot. I was very pleased with the results. The flavor was extremely good.

Back