Finished Restoring my Weber Genesis 1000 Today...Here is the album

Nick-US

http://imgur.com/gallery/wpztP/new

I couldn't have done this without the help from some of you on this forum. Thank you very much for offering all your advice.

I'm not completely done. I'd like to replace that wooden table I have on the left side of the grill with something nicer and the metal rack on the bottom is broken and also the ignition switch does not work. However, I'm happy with what I've done for now. Any more improvements will come later. Thank you all again for your help and advice. It was greatly appreciated.

Looks pretty good! Cleaned up nicely!

I have to ask though... what is the deal with that handle? Going to redo that when you do the side table?

Yea the handle came like that. I don't know who did that. I'll probably look into fixing that as well. I kind of forgot about it until you brought it up

Good work Nick! Good for you!

You can get a plastic handle on ebay for like 20 bucks or less; I used wood for mine just to keep the integrity of the whole wood theme, but it's a pain to get it to fit.

I KNEW you'd be cursing that bolt! I had one just like that, and ended up inventing all kinds of creative, new and generally speaking hateful combinations of curse words and inappropriate names for things.

You should cook up some amazing food on that beautiful grill, and then (like the half-Italian I am) take pictures of it before you eat it!

Have fun,

Tim

Looks awesome! I'm pretty much going to be doing what you just did except I need to replace part of the upper frame where its rotted through.

Back