Finished pictures of 1995 Red SS Performer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Gary, the bottom of your grill looks better than mine. Mine also looks like it had some type of washer on it at some point because all of the paint and porcelin is worn off on the bottom around the hole. There wasn't any type of washer on it when I took it apart. Depending on what Weber says, I may try to find a washer that is thinner than the H washer and use that.

Looking at how the system works, the purpose of the washer is to keep the one touch system snug against the bowl and to keep the handle from rubbing on the bottom of the bowl. On our model Performers, the ash catcher bar keeps the one touch system snug without the need for a washer because it is about the same thickness as the washer. A thin washer might be nice on the outside of the catcher bar to keep the handle from rubbing on it. I've noticed that my handle has already scratched the paint off of the bar where it touches.

I also noticed on the inside of my bowl where the one touch system touches the bottom, all of the paint and porcelin is rubbed off. That is why I was a little hesitant to use the H washer and have extra friction on the inside of the bowl.

Since I'm going out of town tomorrow for the week, I might not be able to call Weber and find out how the system is set up. I will have my laptop but I don't know what the internet setup will be like.

Wayne

the ash catcher bar is used on the old style sweepers and the H washer is for the new style. they can not be used together. you need the new style ash cacher holder to ues the H washer or the old style sweeper to use the ash catcher bar.

Terry,
Thanks for verifying that. That is kind of what I thought after looking at the schematics for this grill as well as looking at how the system was set up. I will leave the H washer off. Thanks.

Wayne

Terry,
My grill has the ash catcher bar so it should take the place of the H washer. There is a set screw on the bottom of the hex nut that holds the handle in the hex nut. Mine currently feels secure.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back