Finding Boston Butt and Brisket

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello Everyone,

Im having a tough time finding a good store to buy Boston Butt and Briskets. I looked at BJ, Costco, Publix, and Walmart Super Store with no luck. If I do find a Boston Butt it's usually too small and the Brisket are flat with little fat on it. I live in the Miami, FL aera. Any members in my local area can point me in the right direction. Thanks ahead.

Richard

Hey Richard,
In Charlotte, Costco stocks a twin pack butt.
Members on this forum often report having to ask the butcher for a particular cut. If Boston Butta are not displayed, I would ask for them.

Hello Steve,

I talked to the guys in the back of Costco and they do not special order anything. Thats all they offer. BJ can special order the Boston Butts but you have to buy the case. The guy told me one case comes with 10 Boston Butts 70+lbs. Man I dont think I can eat and cook all those butt in a 2 months time. I love pork but damn thats alot of pork.

Richard

At 2 per week, you'll need another case of butts after 5 weeks. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Seriously though...

Try Sam's Club, they are always doing the "shop for a day" promotion, or a place like Smart & Final.

Smart & Final is a little on the expensive side, I can get slightly cheaper prices @ Sam's, but they will have ALL of the BBQ cuts that you will want.
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Whole Briskets
<LI>Chuck Rolls
<LI>Picnics
<LI>Boston Butts
<LI>Spare Ribs
<LI>Baby Backs
<LI>Etc
[/list]

Anyway, here are the Flordia Smart & Final Locationsincluding 3 in Miami.

Richard, I know that at one of the Costco's I go to you have to ask for a butt. I don't know why they don't put them out but they don't. Every time I've asked they've had them. You may find that they have brisket as well that they're not putting out. If all else fails, put in a request at your local supermarket. They can get anything as long as they know someone will buy it.

My local Costco no longer carries the bone-in butts, and the boneless ones they have are only about 6 lbs each. I think I'll try Sam's club for my next pork butt purchase.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back