Finally swapped out my auger and auger chute

I swapped mine yesterday with a lot of help from my young neighbor. My first run didn't go as well as yours. I had the temp hang up on startup but then it seemed to run OK. I'm going to make one more test run before the Turkey on Thursday.

I swapped mine yesterday with a lot of help from my young neighbor. My first run didn't go as well as yours. I had the temp hang up on startup but then it seemed to run OK. I'm going to make one more test run before the Turkey on Thursday.
Yeah I wanted to be ready for the big day.

I am really surprised you guys procrastinated on swapping out the hardware.
Mine worked perfectly until my last cook. Figured if it ain’t broke!
I’m glad I did it though, I found the process simple and didn’t need to take the lid off the hopper, not sure why they would recommend that.

I am really surprised you guys procrastinated on swapping out the hardware.
It's a different drummer thing. Mine ran fine for 5 months so I wasn't going to change anything. I requested the parts just as a safeguard and they sent them to me about 2 months ago. Recently I had a glitch that I wasn't positive was software, Weber CS told me it "might" be a factor, so I decided to eliminate the last mechanical question mark. When I pulled out the original everything looked ship shape. I don't expect to see a change in performance.

Mine worked perfectly until my last cook. Figured if it ain’t broke!
I’m glad I did it though, I found the process simple and didn’t need to take the lid off the hopper, not sure why they would recommend that.
I didn't take the lid off mine either. I guess it is a precaution to prevent the lid from being damaged if flexed open too wide.

I did a test run with the new auger assembly. My EX6 went from 75 to 600 in 17 minutes. That may be a minute faster than the original equipment but not sure. I will be very interested to see if I continue to get 100°+ temp drops and the grill doesn't try to recover until I raise the set temp.

Back