Finally got the Q320 going

PM me if you are interested in making a deal. I don't have anything planned for Monday afternoon so far.

I have the same complaint about the Q300 series mobility. Too bad that it doesn’t have 4 wheels instead of two, and you can’t put casters on the non wheel side because it woud go out of level—-
I have been pondering this same thing. After measuring and putting 2" wheels on the left I would need 13" wheels on the right to keep it level. Plus a way to keep the left shelf from popping up every time you grab it to move the grill around. I was hoping someone solved these problems. I was even thinking of taking the grill off the cart and trying to retrofit it to a 1000/2000 series cart. Why doesn't Weber make a portable 2 burner? I saw this grill and was considering it. Napoleon Travel Q 285 PRO

OK not a full "restore" I just wanted to get to full functionality more than cosmetics. So worked more yesterday on the Q320 I traded my Q220 to Bruce for. After MANY hours chiseling carbon and such off the grates than hitting them with the cup brush on my HF angle grinder cleaning out all the stuff inside and then getting it good and hot and a good wipe down and seasoning with plenty of grape seed oil (multiple heat up, oil, cool, wipe down, repeat) cycles I did y first cook. Got some top sirloin from Sam's and for you GrillGrate junkies please note the marks. Also note I had the Q on LOW it was not even turned up to higher heat levels. The steaks were tender and juicy with a perfect crust. Quite pleased with this Q. Thanks Bruce! I hope you enjoy that Q220 red head as much as I already enjoy this one. BTW one difference I noted is the handle on the 320 seems to get hotter than I expected
Enjoy the photos

LiUSzs5.jpg

C59d2Ow.jpg

osYX3Oh.jpg

rokaHjX.jpg

sgMCo8o.jpg

Y295yPr.jpg

ELH10fX.jpg

AzM3WAO.jpg

z1lM1VR.jpg

L8mZMZI.jpg
Hello LMichaels,
What's the significant usage for the 2 metal rods near the folding tables? My used Q320 doesn't have those.

Hello LMichaels,
What's the significant usage for the 2 metal rods near the folding tables? My used Q320 doesn't have those.
I have had 2 Q300's and they both had the rods. I thing they are to keep the handles together and lend a little support to the shelves. They have bent ends that go into the plastic and have a tendency to pop out when the shelves are up and you move the grill around in my experience.

OK not a full "restore" I just wanted to get to full functionality more than cosmetics. So worked more yesterday on the Q320 I traded my Q220 to Bruce for. After MANY hours chiseling carbon and such off the grates than hitting them with the cup brush on my HF angle grinder cleaning out all the stuff inside and then getting it good and hot and a good wipe down and seasoning with plenty of grape seed oil (multiple heat up, oil, cool, wipe down, repeat) cycles I did y first cook. Got some top sirloin from Sam's and for you GrillGrate junkies please note the marks. Also note I had the Q on LOW it was not even turned up to higher heat levels. The steaks were tender and juicy with a perfect crust. Quite pleased with this Q. Thanks Bruce! I hope you enjoy that Q220 red head as much as I already enjoy this one. BTW one difference I noted is the handle on the 320 seems to get hotter than I expected
Enjoy the photos

LiUSzs5.jpg

C59d2Ow.jpg

osYX3Oh.jpg

rokaHjX.jpg

sgMCo8o.jpg

Y295yPr.jpg

ELH10fX.jpg

AzM3WAO.jpg

z1lM1VR.jpg

L8mZMZI.jpg
Nice job on the cleanup. I got one for free at the curb this weekend. It was really abused. The firebox was warped so the grates fell in. They put the grease pan inside the firebox instead of sliding it under. They grease was caked hard right up to the burners. It smelled disgusting. I used 2x4's and clamps idea from this site, to reshape the firebox. I did a clean / re-build and sold it within 48 hours for $150.

Yes, the ensure the handles don't bend apart which could lead to the tables falling out. I had one missing on one of my grills and purchased a length of Stainless 1/4" round stock and bent my own. It was less expensive than buying a new rod.

Back