Finally got my own Performer (blue)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay k.

TVWBB Member
Hey everyone I got my performer today!!!

I just got done assembling it and gave the gas ignition a test run everything is good to go.

I will post pics tomorrow, too dark now.

I am so excited for my first cook.

Couple Questions:

Charcoal bin holder things dont seem that nice, how useful really are these things?

Both charcoal and cooking grates both seem much smaller than they should be, they fit but slide around quite a bit, is this how they are supposed to be?

Any things a performer newbie needs to know?

Congrats!

The very first thing you need to do is update your sig.
icon_wink.gif

Cngrats Jay
icon_smile.gif

I use the baskets to fire the charcoal and use them with indirect cooking and sometimes for direct cooking too if i am not cooking a lot.

The cooking and charcoal grates on my performer fit good. They do move a bit right and left but not a lot.

elmo

Congratulations on the Performer!

Don't worry, after a few cooks, gunk from the smoke will begin to build up, and the grates will not slide as easily.

Re: the charcoal bin. Don't dump charcoal out of the bag in there, put the whole bag in. Much easier to pull the whole bag, then pour into the kettle.

The charcoal bin holders are good enough to do their assignement: Hold charcoal for indirect cooking. The new sheet metal ones are not as heavy duty as the older wire ones, but do the job sufficiently.

I also want to point out the slot on the back side of the P, for grate hanging. User Cauto just pointed this out on 7/26/09. My SS Ps have a hook for grate hanging on the end (where your charcoal storage bin is), and I thought it had disappeared from the new plastic tabled P. However, it is there, just relocated!

Good luck on the first cook, and post pics soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back