Finally found a gasser

Just thought I'd write to give an update to those interested. I have broken down the grill completely and and am in the process of cleaning everything with 409, 0000 steel wool, and paper towels. I spoke with a customer rep from weber today and should be expecting in approximately 10 business days three new knobs, two new casters, a catch pan holder, and a crossover tube with free of charge center burner because apparently they have redesigned the crossovers so you need a new center burner too. As many people have said before webers customer service is great and saved me headaches from ordering a crossover tube somewhere else, getting it, and realizing it's not going to work. She also verified that my grill is a Genesis 3000 and was manufactured in 1998. I plan to polish the frame as suggested tomorrow and have also picked up some pine that will be used to replace the old wood since I was unable to find teak. I plan to seal the pine with a spar varnish. I decided to go with a semi-gloss over satin hoping for a little more protection, hopefully it's not too glossy.

Wow, that was long winded. I'll try to post pictures when I get the rest of the parts and get things put back together.

Thanks,

Sounds like its going to be in Brand New condition when you complete the renovation. Looking forward to seeing the pictures Justin.

Back