Filet Mignon cook

Tony-Chicago

TVWBB Wizard
Leftover filet from Friday. Made her a lot of special foods for a valentine. She chose the other stuff so tonight I have to cook the filet.
A) should I just pan it with butter salt and pepper,
B) oven/broil sear it,
C) throw it over the fence to the huskies and go get a rib eye like a real man

<shrug> Personally, I prefer filets over ribeyes. I also generally prefer just about the leanest meat I can find.

Me, I'd get a cast iron fry pan rippin' hot, sear both sides, and put in a low to medium oven to finish cooking. Seasonings of your choice. Be careful using butter with this method, you may want to add it at the very end. Adding it up front has a pretty good chance of burning or scorching it.

<shrug> Personally, I prefer filets over ribeyes. I also generally prefer just about the leanest meat I can find.

Me, I'd get a cast iron fry pan rippin' hot, sear both sides, and put in a low to medium oven to finish cooking. Seasonings of your choice. Be careful using butter with this method, you may want to add it at the very end. Adding it up front has a pretty good chance of burning or scorching it.
Perfect. Thanks

I too prefer very lean meat. No fat. Although even I think eye of round is a bit.. makes great beef jerky.

She and I make a good team. Usually she gets the outside and I get the dry inside of any steak. (Well done too.)
Followed your orders and it is utterly (butterly) fantastic. Actually had to clean out the pan from the butter onion mix cause I realized you were right. Add butter late not beginning. Again points for you! 20200216_193002.jpg
New problem: GF loved it so much she is all fired up. But I am out of time and coal.

Back