Favorite Restaurant Depot Buys

Daum

TVWBB Super Fan
Was curious on what everyone here likes to buy at RD? I've only been a member under a year and bought some meats, some fish, and cheeses. The meats are sometimes a bit hard to buy as they are just so big and it isn't as easy to see the quality of the cuts compared to Costco. I've found a bunch of great cheeses though from them like one of the Camembert at 2.33 per package. Also recently got the truffle buratta which was amazing.

What do you find yourself buying at RD versus costco/your grocer or butcher?

Daum

i have never been in, but we have several on long island. My wife is a girl scout troop leader with a girl scout membership card. Would this get me in?!?!?

Meat, meat, and more meat. Butter is cheap there, as are hamburger rolls and other breads. Seafood at my RD is also quite fresh and good.

However with the incidence of $2.79 USDA prime beef packer briskets at costco I don't have a lot of reasons to get over to RD anymore.

I've only stopped in 2-3 times & the cheeses have been some of my favorite. Blue & feta cost anywhere from $8 - $16 per pound at the local grocers, but at RD, $2.x per pound is normal. So I give away a wedge of blue to anyone who wants one :)

I paid around $12/pound for some sliced pastrami at the deli counter at Smiths (one local grocer), but at RD it's $6 or under which is nice. I let half a salami go to waste though.............. ate too much of that :) and got sick of it

50# bag of onions for ~$8,,,,, that always tempts me to make a ridiculous amount of french onion soup. Tri-tips are priced reasonably, so's pretty much the rest of their meats. Their beef ribs always seem to look nice

You might want to check out Cash & Carry. Similar to RD but no membership needed. Very good prices on meat but the cuts are huge. Need a 16 lb + pork shoulder? You can buy it there.

Not sure how the quality of the meat compares to Costco so haven't bought any there yet.

Back