Favorite/Best Food Processor?

I've been having fun with it - lots to learn still. Today I made shrimp cakes......loosely following a crab cake recipe from the instructional dvd, several other things too but I'm a little tuned up right now... Oh almond butter yesterday (roasted almonds & a little salt), shrimp ceviche a couple days ago, today I took a ~.33# piece of flank steak, chopped it up, added a mushroom, spices/whatever & fried that up.......just playing around with it for now.

I'm wishing I went with the larger model - for anyone who's considering, here's some ideas for reference.

Today I made both Gespacho & Cole slaw.

The 7 cup bowl is filled up with 1/2 head of cabbage

3 large (fist sized) tomatoes, quartered, were about all this could take.

It's nice, powerful, etc, but might as well go with the larger unit.........if you're gonna use it. Of course, the larger units were $165 instead of $99.

Yesterday I ran ~7 cucumbers into it and emptied it twice (making pickles)

And then just for fun I ran .66# flank steak through it, seasoned it w/ Chef Morito's (yum), then ran a couple of shrooms and an onion for fajitas..... works great for stuff like that.

Last edited:
3 apples filled it up today - made apple pie :) including the crust for the first time. It probably could've taken at least another half an apple.

This thing cranks out some serious tacos though!!! My new favorite: drop a flank steak (.5 - 1#) in it, then jalapenos/peppers/(today it was flank, bok choy, onion, & mushrooms), then throw it all in a CI skillet with some Chef Morito's & let it rip!

I'm hesitant to say I'd like it bigger because I like this,,, I'd have to work with another to really see the pros/cons.

I have a 6mm x 6mm french fry cutter coming... any other must have discs?

Rt now I have the 4mm slicer, grater, S shaped steel blade, dough blade....

Yeah, more is better when it comes to food processors. I make bread in mine, so I went with the biggest Cuisinart I could find. It's a beast, but after many years, I still hate the interlock.

I bought the 11 cup Cuisinart not too long ago. Works great, but now I wish I would have gone with the 14 cup.

Let us know how the french fry cutter works out. I am thinking about purchasing one.

I bought the 11 cup Cuisinart not too long ago. Works great, but now I wish I would have gone with the 14 cup.

Let us know how the french fry cutter works out. I am thinking about purchasing one.

I've only made them once, it's OK but they're limited in length to the width of the feed tube, and then they're slightly curved. I made a pizza today and thought about cubing some peppers & onions through it. ....come to think about it, that might make an interesting cut for hash browns with onion & peppers...

If you do fries a lot I'd look at something like this instead (see if you can find one that can make different sized fries).

This disc might have other uses.... I just got it.

I have had my Cuisinart Power Prep 14 (cup) model since it came out (I'm guessing more than 10 years ago) and have been pleased with it. I just replaced the bowl this year. At that time it was the only model that would handle a decent amount of bread dough for at least one loaf, maybe two. I make coleslaw and cucumber salads that fill the bowl and it's nice not to have to stop and empty the bowl so frequently. Even that large size will mince a couple cloves of garlic satisfactorily. (I do have a mini-processor too.) It is pretty weighty and I believe that the newer models are probably even heavier. I cook for 5 on a daily basis and like to cook in quantity for the freezer as well. Even if I cooked for less, I'd still want the extra-large size. I have about 8 disks and use them all.

Rita

Back