Failed during my time of need

Jon M G

Just want to thank everyone here - especially the designers.

I had a party yesterday and ended up having to go anolog on my Weber kettle to smoke a pork shoulder and a duck when my heatermeter wouldn't turn on.

After a year of using the heatermeter this was not very fun and the food definitely suffered. I'm sure my ****ty soldering is to blame.

Anyone have suggestions on what it could be? The pi powers up and creates a server but when I go to the server and try to log in it says there is a hardware issue.

Yellow light blinks once when plug in but no screen or LEDs after that.

Post some high resolution pictures of the front and back of your board and someone might be able to help. Sorry for your meat loss :(

Did you short your Fan control wires together from overheating? I had my HeaterMeter controlling my electric smoker via solid state relay and I melted the control wires causing a short that prevented the HM from powering up. Unplugging the CAT5 cable allowed me to boot it and told me I had problems with the control wiring. Mine failed about 4 hours into my second smoke and it was 100% because of the heat of where I mounted my stuff.

Back