extra meaty Baby Back

Rick Soliman

TVWBB Pro
My butcher cuts me Baby Backs and leaves .75"-to 1" of meat on top the bones. My question is I used to grill these but with the WSM I am curious how long you all think they might take? At $23.00 a slab I dont want to screw this up. Also do you think I should put a probe in the meaty part?

$23.00 a slab! Ouch!!! Whaddaya drink with that, Dom Perignon?
icon_razz.gif

The cook shouldn't take much longer than a standard loin-back cook. You're looking at around 4.5-5.5 hours total cooking time, less if you use foil.

I agree. The cook will take a little longer than normal but not as much as you might think. I cooked ribs like that at the American Royal contest a couple of times with good results. I didn't use a probe in the meat.

Rick,

I've had ribs like that too. I got them from Randy's Market in Orland Park. Hand cut by the butcher. I cooked them like any other bbs and they came out great. One or two bones and you are full. ....and happy.

AR

Rick,
You are getting robbed.
You can buy loin chops for 2 bucks a pound.
That is loin meat the butcher is leaving on top of the ribs and probably charging you 6 bucks a pound for it because it's attached to the babybacks.

Back