Experts needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd Robinson

New to the restoration and need some help. I told my mother on Sarurday to let me know if she runs into any Weber grills while she's out garage saling. She calls me back 5 minutes later and says she found one for $5.00. I of course say buy it.

Here's what I can tell you. Not sure the lid is the original. Handles are all wood but missing most of the wood. Checked the top vent and all i can find is a K stamped on it.

Anbody have any guesses? I will try to post s picture as soon as i figure out how to.

Todd: The condition of the wood handles probably means that the grill spent its life outdoors and that the lid has faded from black to gray. Check the interior of the lid for the original color. I recently rescued a 1986 kettle that has faded to a really nice shade of gray.

Thanks. I actually like the gray and black bowl. As a Raider fan it fits right in on the back deck. I plan to start the cleaning process tomorrow and fire it up this weekend for a new to me meal.

As far as replacing the wood, does the new plastic fit the old handles?

[QUOTE

As far as replacing the wood, does the new plastic fit the old handles?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the later plastic handles should fit just fine, they do on my 1990 (M code), I believe the 1988 is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back