Ever Tried This......

Bruce Bissonnette

TVWBB Guru
Fischers & Wieser's Original Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce, Costco just received a huge supply and I picked up a bottle today...just curious.

OHHHHHHHHHHH Lawd have MERCY, Bruce, I LOVE that stuff. Slit open a boneless chicken thigh, stuff it with a little nice Maytag blue cheese, roll the thigh very generously in the raspberry chipotle sauce, then roll it in crushed pecans and drizzle with a little more sauce, and cook it up at somewhat high temps, but not so high as to burn the pecans. I have better luck with this in the oven, actually, but it's some good stuff either way.

Heavenly over cheesecake or ice cream. I really like it as a table sauce for brisket.

I had previously always ordered the small bottles from F&W in Texas at $8.50 a pop or so, plus shipping, till a dear friend in Colorado told me about Costco's big cheap bottles and shipped me a few. Just another reason to wish that we had Costco here in OK.
icon_frown.gif

Keri C, smokin' on Tulsa Time

Keri,

This is a pretty big bottle, 40 ounces actually and it was $6.75. Looking forward to trying it, either on chicken or pork tenderloin.

I think the two that Steve Marrs sent me are the 40-oz - they come in a shrink-wrapped two-pack. He said that he buys them by the case there in the Denver area, and that the cost drops to about $4.25 or something like that when he buys by the case. Good stuff, nevertheless. Killer glaze for ham; excellent poured over cream cheese and eaten with crackers. Definitely good with tenderloin.

Can you tell that I like the stuff?
icon_wink.gif

Back