European Grills

Status
Not open for further replies.

James M-B

TVWBB Super Fan
I mentioned in another thread that the European grills all seem to have handles that are bolted on with a heat shield affair rather than the welded on ones that I'm used to.
I was wondering whether this was because they were made somewhere else.

hard to tell. i know that the sjs sold here in the usa is now not available in europe. not sure if i like the bolted handle part. some ways i do actually.

Someone most likely sued someone and hince the bolts ! But Iam just guessing
icon_biggrin.gif

As I have heard it , it's a matter between France and Weber.
All Weber SJ grills have a European certificate except for France where they didn't approve off the heat protection near the lid handle. For that reason all European SJ models have a heat shield on the lid and the WGA is not even for sale at the moment.

I didn't even realize that the US grills didn't have the heat shield. Been away too long I guess. I thought that was a new feature on all 2010 models... but now I see. I was just on vacation at my in-laws vacation home and they bought a new 22.5" grill (basically for me to cook for them). I have to say that the heat shield was actually quite nice. My OTP at home obviously doesn't have the shield and that handle can get freakin' hot! The handle on the new grill with shield was never too hot to grab.

About the WGA: that has been taken off the shelves in Europe. I heard it was because of a law suit due to a leg failure or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back