ET73 Probes. Tough lesson learned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob O

TVWBB Pro
HI,

Yes I'm one of the 5% of the American public who reads instruction manuals. Yes I read the warning that the probe would not withstand high temperatures.

No I didn't realize the probe included the wire lead.

In summary: Do not use ET73 probes on your grill if you're doing high temperature cooking such as I was while searing my steaks last night. It will ruin your probe.

The good news: Maverick Customer Service really is as good as earlier posts suggest. They aren't replacing mine for free ($9) per probe. But they'll be here fast and pleasant people to deal with.

Also: The probes that come with the Weber wireless work with the ET73. This probe is a little more robust and will stand up to high grill heats (the wire lead that is not the tip).

May try to find a few of those.

Rob,
Too bad you wrecked your probes this month. I think that it is next month you will be able to get higher temp probes (longer too) from Maverick as a replacement item.
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. It happens that way at home anyway.
icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greg Rempe:
Chris, I'm not sure of the high heat tolerance but definitely the longer probes...6' I think it is!!
icon_biggrin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Greg, I received an email from one of Mavericks engineers back in mid Oct stating that the new wires would be 6' long and higher heat wire. (I just dug through my filed emails and found it) So... Longer and Stronger.
icon_biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back