ET 73 Transmitter differs from Receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob O

TVWBB Pro
Hello all,

First cook with my ET 73. Not that this makes a huge difference but.....

Has anyone noticed that the temperature on the transmitter differs from that on the receiver?

For the last 3 to 4 minutes my transmtter shows 156 food / 234 smoker.

While the receiver shows 155 food / 236 smoker.

Just wondering. I know there's a hanshake between the two units. As I was typing this post the receiver just updated.

Thanks

When mine kept doing that I called and they sent a new one. I don't remeber if it was the transmitter they sent or the reiever. Lots of folks had problems and the customer service is GREAT! I just finished using mine today with no problems.

Hi Nick,

Yep. It's certainly a nice unit. Beats the pants off of my Weber wireless.

I'm just wondering how long it should take between updates from the base to the receiver.

Hmmmmmm.

Nick, try replacing the batteries if you are using the ones that came with the unit. They are kinda crappy...if it still persists call Debbie at Maverick...she'll help you out for sure. Took me 3 units, but, I finally have one that works and at not additional cost to me!!
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ROB O:
Beats the pants off of my Weber wireless.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like the weber wireless. I have an ET-73 that I had problems with and Debbie helped me to get it staight but my weber wireless has not missed a beat. The only problem with it is the preset temps.

Mike

My Weber works and I'll keep using it.

But I hate those *&^%$%^&* presets. It's also about to start getting really cold up here. The ability to measure the smoker temp and not just the meat is priceless.

Rob,
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>For the last 3 to 4 minutes my transmtter shows 156 food / 234 smoker.
While the receiver shows 155 food / 236 smoker.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That happens to me sometimes when I am moving around with the receiver. Most of the time I am too far away or something is blocking the transmission. Once I move to a different location it starts working normal again. Once you learn the "boundaries/distance" for the ET-73, your problem should go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back