EP-330 Cabinets..Black or Stainless

DaveMcSJr

New EP-330 is up and running.
Purchased the Genesis Island Cabinets for additional storage.
Amazon was unable to send me the Black 7591 cabinets TWICE. The original order was the 7590 Stainless as was the replacement order!
I offered to keep the shiny ones for a small credit and avoid further costs for pickup and elivery of a third set

As it turns out it seems Weber has discontinued the 7590's and their price has shot up to nearly $700 as oppsoed to $240 for Black

Unfortunately I am still irked by the mismatched doors. Weber can send me new black doors for $100. What you you guys think about the "tuxedo style" set-up?

Weber.jpg

With the stainless on the grill and the side tables, it really doesn't look too bad. So just checking though - are you saying that even though the black doors are what you ordered, they sent you the stainless? And that the stainless are now a lot more expensive due to being discontinued? Also if Amazon shipped you the wrong color, you should not be charged return shipping.

My original order was for the 7591 Black Cabinets

Amazon shipped me the 7590 Stainless Cabinets

I sent the Stainless ones back and Amazon shipped out ANOTHER set of Stainless Cabinets. These I opted to keep. At no time did Amazon charge me for shipping or to return the incorrect items

Additionally, it appears as if Weber is discontinuing the 7590 Stainless Cabinets. As such the law of supply and demand has taken over and the price on Amazon has shot up to nearly $700. the Black door version is still available and at only $240

As it turns out, the only real difference between the two sets is the doors. I can order a new set of doors, but it will cost me about $100

Last edited:
To be honest, if you did not already state that this was a mismatch, I would have thought that was how it was supposed to be. Looks good to me, but maybe I am just easy to please...

Well obviously ...

Sell the stainless ones on eBay for $650 plus shipping and try ordering black ones again from Amazon. If they send you stainless again, repeat.

:)

honestly, If it bothers you enough to post on here asking about it, I would spend the $100 and get the ones you really want. The stainless ones look nice and function just fine but if you want black get the black. You might even be able to sell the stainless ones to recover some of the cost.

Actually, if stainless is going for $700, there must be someone (maybe right here on this forum) who has or would buy a black set and trade doors with you. They should even pay all the shipping for the money they'll be saving.

Or just plastikote them. Nice thing is than if you think the SS looked better just peel it off Issue solved

honestly, If it bothers you enough to post on here asking about it, I would spend the $100 and get the ones you really want. The stainless ones look nice and function just fine but if you want black get the black. You might even be able to sell the stainless ones to recover some of the cost.

I'd be willing to make the trade.

Or just plastikote them. Nice thing is than if you think the SS looked better just peel it off Issue solved

Just looked at this again - turns out the plastic rubber spray stuff that can be removed is called "plati dip" It's a really good suggestion for the stainless cabinets. I personally will want to go the other way, since I know that it is more likely I will be able to get a set of the black cabinets rather than stainless. They make a metallic silver plasti dip as well.

Back