Enhanced Briskets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Wolfe

Closed Account
I was in Super Wally yesterday looking for briskets. I saw something I have not seen before and hope not to see again. An enhanced brisket flat!!! Anyone else ever see one of these? That was all they had, plus a few sorry looking USDA Select packers. So I opted on getting 3 whole wild salmon they have for $6.97 each. I smoked one last weekend and it was fantastic. Pretty good deal on salmon even though it is frozen.

Funny.........

I saw the same thing at my Super Wally last weekend. I steered (no pun intended) clear of it. I know they have the packers at Sam's and Costco.

MikeZ

Yeah, I think I am going to have to break down and get a membership to Costco. Wally World is too inconcistent with their meat. But when they have choice briskets for $1.18lb, you just can't get 'em much cheaper. What is the typical cost per lb for the packers from Sams or Costco?

This is a new one. Never seen an enhanced brisket before.WHY? WHY? WHY? Do they have to go and do this?
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif
Bryan

I think they do it for because 90% of the consumers do not know the difference between a good quality cut of meat and a bad quality cut of meat. Most people probably buy the brisket throw it in a pot of water and boil until tender and I suppose the "enhancement" somehow helps. Who knows!!
icon_confused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back