eh, from western Canada

I traveled to Calgary and Edmonton 2 or 3 times a year on business in the early 2000s. Ate a lot of steaks on the good old expense account. Can't imagine what they cost now. Bad enough here.

I posted it
For your convenience, here is a link to the Dem Bones copycat sauce recipe that Daryl S posted:

If the recipe matches what they served at Dem Bones, then it is okay good, but not "life altering". I asked Daryl S to post the recipe because I thought it might bring back memories for my partner and me. It may not be that special for others.

Welcome to TVWBB from your neighbor to your East (Edmonton). Certainly a gold mine of Weber knowledge here.

Haha....I miss Alberta beef too....and I live in Alberta!! I just can't afford it any more...:cry:

Seriously, we have had to cut way back...used to be Friday night was always steak night....come home from work, open a nice bottle of wine, pour a nice bourbon, and grill a great steak to start the weekend. Now happy to do this once a month. Though, for Father's Day, a local store had very cheap prime rib, so I bought a couple of them to cut into steaks.
We moved to BC from Calgary in 07. Good beef used to be way cheaper in Alberta, sounds like that's changing. Since I've gotten the Smokey Mountain I find chicken and pork smokes better on it anyways and they're cheaper, although everything has gone up a lot.

Back