eh, from western Canada

AVande

Hi there, my name is Aris, I live in British Columbia, Canada. I started grilling years ago on a Weber Smokey Joe, then a Weber 22" kettle grill, and I just got a 18" Weber Smokey Mountain. I cooked three halved chickens on it last weekend and am unsure what to do for my second weekend. Was thinking a pork butt for pulled pork, I was looking for recipes and found this site, Glad i found this forum, looking forward to learning a lot.

Last edited:
We’ll be in Victoria in a few weeks. Looking forward to spending the day in your neck of the world. Welcome. You’ll learn a lot here. The knowledge base is on the order of ridiculous.

Welcome, Aris! Is it raining right now?;)
You should attend the annual British Columbia Rain Festival, which they hold every year. It runs from January 1st through December 31st. :)

- - - - -

... and Welcome! to @AVande. We used to live in BC. Our children were born there. I am new to these forums, too. We can learn together.

Hi there, my name is Aris, I live in British Columbia, Canada. I started grilling years ago on a Weber Smokey Joe, then a Weber 22" kettle grill, and I just got a 18" Weber Smokey Mountain. I cooked three halved chickens on it last weekend and am unsure what to do for my second weekend. Was thinking a pork butt for pulled pork, I was looking for recipes and found this site, Glad i found this forum, looking forward to learning a lot.
Welcome Aris! What's your favorite thing to grill?

Welcome Aris! What's your favorite thing to grill?
My favourite has always been ribeye or new york strip steaks on my weber kettle, but now that I have the WSM I'm starting to get into low and slow, I've done three whole chickens which turned out excellent, except I would like to figure out how to get the skin a little crispier. I'm going cook 4 racks of pork ribs this Sunday. I'm trying to learn a bit before going to larger cuts of meat, but planning on a pork butt or a brisket soon.

BC is very large and you didn't say where you live, but do you remember Dem Bones? It was a BBQ restaurant in Richmond, at Bridgeport and No. 3 Road, close to Costco. The food was reasonably good and it was very close to our home. We ate at Dem Bones more than a few times. (True Confession: We also ate at Costco on occasion.)

BC is very large and you didn't say where you live, but do you remember Dem Bones? It was a BBQ restaurant in Richmond, at Bridgeport and No. 3 Road, close to Costco. The food was reasonably good and it was very close to our home. We ate at Dem Bones more than a few times. (True Confession: We also ate at Costco on occasion.)
Yeah, we ate at Dem Bones restaurant back in the day when they were open.
I have a copy cat recipe for their bbq sauce, in my opinion it’s better than the restaurant version.
I make that sauce to put on the pulled pork, everyone seems to like it.

Greetings from another BC member.
Living in the lower mainland with all the rain can be interesting for grilling and smoking.
This site is awesome with very knowledgeable members and a wealth of information.

Yeah, we ate at Dem Bones restaurant back in the day when they were open.
I have a copy cat recipe for their bbq sauce, in my opinion it’s better than the restaurant version.
I make that sauce to put on the pulled pork, everyone seems to like it.
If that Dem Bones copycat recipe is okay to share with others, why not post it here in the Recipes section? I am curious to see it and I bet others here would appreciate it too.

https://tvwbb.com/forums/rub-marinade-brine-mop-sauce-recipes.71/

(I am curious to see whether my partner would recognize and remember the flavor, too. Probably not - we've tasted a few BBQ restaurants since then.)

Welcome to TVWBB from your neighbor to your East (Edmonton). Certainly a gold mine of Weber knowledge here.

Welcome Aris! I know what I'd be smoking. Some Alberta beef ribs. Dang, I miss Alberta beef.

Haha....I miss Alberta beef too....and I live in Alberta!! I just can't afford it any more...:cry:

Seriously, we have had to cut way back...used to be Friday night was always steak night....come home from work, open a nice bottle of wine, pour a nice bourbon, and grill a great steak to start the weekend. Now happy to do this once a month. Though, for Father's Day, a local store had very cheap prime rib, so I bought a couple of them to cut into steaks.

Back