Easiest delicious grilled chicken yet

T Bounds

TVWBB Super Fan
In my never ending search for new, simple chicken recipes that taste good, tonight I tried a recipe from Grilling Companion. It was boneless chicken breasts basted with a butter and fresh basil mix. I never, ever would have guessed such a simple grill effort would be so great, but man was this chicken out of this world! Served with fresh silver queen corn, a squash casserole, and green beans, this was a phenomenal meal!

I find that most times simple is better. Try butter and oregano next time with a bit of lemon juice squeezed on just before it comes off the grill.

Or try melted butter/a splash of soy sauce/minced garlic. Baste as often as you can. Simple but so good.

For a quick marinade on your chicken,
put your chicken in a plastic bag with some Italian Salad dressing.
you cant beat it for ease or taste.

Good Luck ;)

For a quick marinade on your chicken,
put your chicken in a plastic bag with some Italian Salad dressing.
you cant beat it for ease or taste.

Good Luck ;)

I do the italian drsg in a pinch but step it up a little with some EVOO, balsamic vinegar and some mccormicks reduced sodium chicken seasoning...

Reading this post reminded me of something we used to do but somehow got away from. We had some dressing left of a Spring Herb Italian and some of Pear & Blue cheese. I mixed them and marinaded for about 6 hours. The chicken was outstanding. The Pear & Blue Cheese took it over the top. Some salad dressings do make really great marinades.

Last edited:
I agree simple is a good thing! I just recently marinated chicken in the mozzarella ball marinade you get from costco(you know the tub of marinated mozzarella!)...added a little salt And pepper and man it was good!!!

Add some (Tbsp?) of your favorite chicken rub to enough buttermilk to thoroughly cover and marinade in that for several hours in the fridge. To help it really get in there try Jacarding the breast Oh boy is that good.

Russ

Back