E6 with cart or not?

Is there anyway to change the mount configuration so the tripod leg is in the rear? That way the front would be flush?
negative. each leg's position mounts to a specific spot.

i'm 6' 2" and i have zero clearance issues reaching/approaching/accessing the cooking grate when cooking. and it's not like you'll be in a static position. you'll need to move around 40% of the grill's front, depending how and what you're cooking, so you'll be able to access veggies, meats and other items you're grilling.

if you have a dickie do (where your belly extends further than your dickiedo) you'll be doing more of a dance to assume a side stance to access the grate. but that's more on you than the grill, its legs, and the leg position(s).

I'm 5' 8", and also have no problems maneuvering around the front leg. As Brett pointed out, the lid handle protrudes more than the leg.

There's a good reason you don't want to put the single leg in the rear: the force to open the lid against the spring tension would have a tendency to tip the whole assembly to one side or the other. I think Weber knew it and designed it this way to eliminate the risk.

My E6 has two fixed wheels and one castor at the front.
Because of the wide track it is not as manoeuvrable as I would like.
I might change the fixed wheels to castors at some point.
what's the production date on your shipping box, if you still have it or grabbed a photo of it?

my production date was March 4 2021.

Thanks again everyone…..The real world pics sealed the deal. Now I just need to order it and go get it. It’s costing me a tennis bracelet apparently. Ugh. Wife has more jewelry than she can wear. Which is why she said I have more grills than I can cook on. LOL.

Well...since she's getting the tennis bracelet...you may want to add this too.....

Thanks again everyone…..The real world pics sealed the deal. Now I just need to order it and go get it. It’s costing me a tennis bracelet apparently. Ugh. Wife has more jewelry than she can wear. Which is why she said I have more grills than I can cook on. LOL.
soon you'll hear the "one of us" chant. it always happens.

Hold off on that bracelet until she tastes the delicious food. You may be able to distract her.

Seriously, you're going to love it. I didn't believe the praise until I got one; it isn't "just a big kettle", it's a completely different machine and a joy to cook with.

Well...since she's getting the tennis bracelet...you may want to add this too.....

does this thing ever go on sale? now you have me wanting one. damn.

This....I absolutely LOVE LOVE my S6 and the cart/space....would not give it up for anything...that said, I needed the table space and have very limited options for adding one, so in my case, the S6 solved the issues...albeit, at cost!!

That said, I am pretty sure I saw someone that figured out how to do casters on all 4 corners, and I am going to figure out a way to do it this spring...it is the one thing I wish they had done from start.
Please let me know what you find out!! I asked Weber about it during one of my 167 calls to customer service and they told me "no, and if you do that, it voids the warranty" 🙄

LOL….yeah, my grill addiction caught up with me. Oh well, as long as she is happy.

I already have a spare SNS, sitting in my deck box. Will add it. Just got done with this…on the ol performer.

Attachments

• AFE1B84A-896B-4CDC-82A5-8A83EC51F234.jpeg
    AFE1B84A-896B-4CDC-82A5-8A83EC51F234.jpeg
    167.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 3ECD79A7-9AFF-4A41-AC92-C56A6175C549.jpeg
    3ECD79A7-9AFF-4A41-AC92-C56A6175C549.jpeg
    210.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 180A1A9C-5A74-481D-AD34-11C6A0DC21AF.jpeg
    180A1A9C-5A74-481D-AD34-11C6A0DC21AF.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 7
Please let me know what you find out!! I asked Weber about it during one of my 167 calls to customer service and they told me "no, and if you do that, it voids the warranty" 🙄

Sound like not a perfect solution the way is was done here.....

1638509029049.png

If you look at the U.S. Owner manuals the latest models have 3 castors, manual dated 30th Dec 2020

The previous manual dated 5th Nov 2020 had the two fixed wheels.

Must have listened to customers feedback about poor manoeuvrability with the fixed wheels.

My UK manual is dated 7th Jan 2021 so there is a difference over here.

Back