E6 with cart or not?

SSmith

TVWBB Fan
Another 800.00 price point question. I understand the value of a cart on the grill. I have three performers and a large BGE in a Challenger cart (dual cabinets). Always great to have the carts/tables attached. But, I am deciding on either the E6 with just the legs or just go for the cart. I really don’t care about the ignition, the open grate drawer doesn’t really appeal to me-or even the fuel bag (really??-el cheapo). Just want to know if the cart-less E6 is ‘wobbly’ or unstable in any way. I can always get another grill cart or just share the real estate on the Challenger cart and park the E6 next to it.

Thanks,
Steve

Put my E6 together in the past week and there's no wobble. Surprisingly stable after being used to kettles :giggle:
Just make sure the wheels are pushed in flush.

One reason for me going for a three wheeler rather than a four wheeler grill is that my BBQ shelter has riven sandstone paving slabs.
They were pre-existing and ideally I'd go for smooth ones. Three wheels means all wheels are in contact with the ground. Four wheels would end up wobbling.

I have an S6 and really like having the attached table, but I'll give you another reason to skip it. The s6 has to casters and two regular wheels. So you have to push/pull like a cart. The E6 has all three wheels as casters, so you can move it however you want on the X and Y axis of the ground (if that makes any sense).

How is this relevant? Well, I have it pushed up against my house when not using it. With the E6, I could pull it straight out to avoid smoking out the nearby bedrooms. With the S6, I need to do a 3 point turn to get it out and then put it back. Not a big deal, but it is a definite pro for the E6 in my opinion

Thanks for all the input fellas. This was exactly what I was wanting to know. I have/retired/moved to campsite and older Weber ’tripod’ kettle. Way too wobbly.
Darren, Now the double Challenger cart would be sweet, but uh, no. It was pricey and huge the way it is. Perfect for one, and would be more than the E6 w/table built in. (I had a wooden table for the BGE and it just turns nasty after a while-and it was covered!)

Yeah, I think I will go with the strand alone E6 and the cart on amazon (Royal Gourmet). It looks like the cart wheels lock, so they won’t roll off my deck. Long drop if it does.

Thanks for all the reply‘s everyone.

My E6 has two fixed wheels and one castor at the front.
Because of the wide track it is not as manoeuvrable as I would like.
I might change the fixed wheels to castors at some point.

Thanks Gary! Sorry I assumed it was three casters. Proof again what assuming does! 😀

I would guess that still is more maneuverable than the s6 though.

The $800 premium for the cart and S6 is a bridge too far for me. The value is not there, especially when I have a gas assist performer sitting next to it.

Thanks Gary! Sorry I assumed it was three casters. Proof again what assuming does! 😀

I would guess that still is more maneuverable than the s6 though.
My E6 (purchased directly from Weber in the last couple of months) has 3 locking casters. Gary's might be older, or they may be different in the UK.

I have an S6 and really like having the attached table, but I'll give you another reason to skip it. The s6 has to casters and two regular wheels. So you have to push/pull like a cart. The E6 has all three wheels as casters, so you can move it however you want on the X and Y axis of the ground (if that makes any sense).

How is this relevant? Well, I have it pushed up against my house when not using it. With the E6, I could pull it straight out to avoid smoking out the nearby bedrooms. With the S6, I need to do a 3 point turn to get it out and then put it back. Not a big deal, but it is a definite pro for the E6 in my opinion

This....I absolutely LOVE LOVE my S6 and the cart/space....would not give it up for anything...that said, I needed the table space and have very limited options for adding one, so in my case, the S6 solved the issues...albeit, at cost!!

That said, I am pretty sure I saw someone that figured out how to do casters on all 4 corners, and I am going to figure out a way to do it this spring...it is the one thing I wish they had done from start.

Last edited:
So let me ask this….does the front leg interfere or pose any issues when cooking, maneuvering the food on the grill? Seems like it protrudes a few inches…and the cart is flush.
reason I’m asking….I do imbibe when cooking. Don’t want my drunk self tripping and sending hot coals everywere…LOL. But seriously, is that an issue for anyone?

I called Weber so see if there was any stocking dealers near me…nada. Just wanted to walk around it. Just said I could ship it back. Lol.

My E6 (purchased directly from Weber in the last couple of months) has 3 locking casters. Gary's might be older, or they may be different in the UK.
same; swivel caster on each leg and each one locks. my purchase date was June 2021. i know for a fact that mine was part of the first "refreshed" production runs as my local dealer had to jump through a few hoops to score my grill from Weber disti directly. Mine was the first purchase/sale of the new refreshed models sold at Emigh Hardware, a premium Weber dealer in the Sacramento area.

Last edited:
So let me ask this….does the front leg interfere or pose any issues when cooking, maneuvering the food on the grill? Seems like it protrudes a few inches…and the cart is flush.
reason I’m asking….I do imbibe when cooking. Don’t want my drunk self tripping and sending hot coals everywere…LOL. But seriously, is that an issue for anyone?
negative. no interference at all. most men's bellies will protrude further than the E6's legs from the grill's body. i stand by this factual statement; not from experience but pure observation.

Is there anyway to change the mount configuration so the tripod leg is in the rear? That way the front would be flush?

Back