E-470 vs 2022 Genesis

I'd rather just buy something new. Something like the Weber Summit is in my price range.

Even when I can afford things, I tend to focus on cost vs value

Genesis E-335 is $1,320
Genesis E-435 is $1,650
Genesis S-435 is $1,750
Summit S-470 is $2,750

Personally, I wouldn't buy any of these new, but If I could only buy new I would get the E-335. I'm happy with the amount of space I have on my 2016 E330. and I'd apply the $330 to $1,430 to another grill in the future.

I'd also like to eventually own a few different grills (gas, charcoal, and maybe a Traeger), however as I said above the maneuverability is an issue. I would need to be able to move one grill off of the grill pad in my yard and store it either next to my house or in my garage before I could use a different one.

I guess my next question would be how long until you move and possibly have more space?

I'm not sure I follow what you're saying here. The Summits have a dedicated EW rotisserie burner. Or do you mean an older version of the Summit that didn't have one?
Jon, now has my old Summit (which I gave up on). He is doing it proud and you can follow his progress. I am referring to the original version of the Summit. Mine was the 450, there was also variants like 650, 425, Flat Top, and so on all built on the original formula.
Bottom line Kevin, if you really want a new quality grill and one that can do good rotisserie follow the advice for the Napoleon. I have looked at them in person and $$$ for $$$ blow the Summit away. If all you want is a top notch grill made with quality materials I say look at the Sam's Club 5 burner "Pro" I have compared them feature for feature build for build to the latest Genesis offerings and again $$$ for $$$ blows them away. Heavy cast aluminum fire box, 304SS burners, grates, top and bottom heat deflectors, and all for half the $$$ of a Weber. Some might argue "it's Chinese" well sorry to disappoint so is the Genesis (save for maybe one or 2 stampings). If I were buying a NEW gas grill today...........it's where I would go. Otherwise I would be looking at older Genesis grills (Pre 2011)

Too bad it a little far from you. This Wolf is a sweet grill that ticks most of your boxes and can last you a life time. Probably over $10K new.
Wolf grill outdoor $4,750. Has IR rotisserie and IR sear burners, all 304SS.

1664995184100.png
1664995287635.png

Too bad it a little far from you. This Wolf is a sweet grill that ticks most of your boxes and can last you a life time. Probably over $10K new.
Wolf grill outdoor $4,750. Has IR rotisserie and IR sear burners, all 304SS.

View attachment 60646
View attachment 60647

Yeah, that looks nice but is definitely too far away from me.

When researching grills I wondered if the ultra-high end brands (Lynx, DCS, Kalamazoo, etc.) were worth the cost. It's a lot harder to find reviews of them online, presumably because so few people buy them as compared to the more common models.

This YouTube channel does an OK review of high end grills that they sell. I say OK as they are high level overviews but good info for comparison. Those brands that you mentioned are at a level above Weber and Napoleon and multiples of price. For that you get solid 304 SS everything that should last as long as you want to take care of it. There was a grill mentioned here that was 316 SS. That is marine stainless and priced accordingly.

Among folks I know, I don't know anyone who has a Wolf, DCS, etc. cart grills. Those brands seem to be primarily built ins.

For carts, I see Webers and lower brands.

I'd still go Genesis 1 used. They are plentiful, at least in my area:

Basic -- N/S, no sear or side burner. $100 asking.

https://denver.craigslist.org/app/d/denver-weber-genesis-gas-grill-300/7542104137.html

Roti unit -- e/w, side burner, no sear burner. $450 asking.

My grill. n/s, sear burner, side burner. $350 asking.

Among folks I know, I don't know anyone who has a Wolf, DCS, etc. cart grills. Those brands seem to be primarily built ins.

For carts, I see Webers and lower brands.
Jim - I think you and I probably aren't hangin' with the Wolf, DCS, etc, crowd. The Wolf I restored came from a Neurosurgeon that replaced it with a new $10K Wolf because it was old and dirty. The Viking came from a guy that actually won it in a raffle and wanted a new pellet grill.

Last edited:
Even when I can afford things, I tend to focus on cost vs value

Genesis E-335 is $1,320
Genesis E-435 is $1,650
Genesis S-435 is $1,750
Summit S-470 is $2,750

Personally, I wouldn't buy any of these new, but If I could only buy new I would get the E-335. I'm happy with the amount of space I have on my 2016 E330. and I'd apply the $330 to $1,430 to another grill in the future.

Value for the money is definitely a concern, but from among those options only the S-470 has a rotisserie, unfortunately.

I guess my next question would be how long until you move and possibly have more space?

I just bought this place last year, so it will be at least a few years. Not only that, but I may not even be willing to assume all of the responsibilities of owning a larger place just for the sake of being able to use multiple grills.

Jim - I think you and I probably aren't hangin' with the Wolf, DCS, etc, crowd.

That crowd, at least around here, all have swanky built in outdoor kitchens. So they don't mess with no stinking cart grills (like plebians like me do).

Here is one for you. $19K on sale! I saw this at the Annapolis boat show yesterday. I must say these where the heaviest, thickest, 6 sides grill grates I have ever picked up. See photo
1665159965381.png
1665160168707.png

This YouTube channel does an OK review of high end grills that they sell. I say OK as they are high level overviews but good info for comparison. Those brands that you mentioned are at a level above Weber and Napoleon and multiples of price. For that you get solid 304 SS everything that should last as long as you want to take care of it. There was a grill mentioned here that was 316 SS. That is marine stainless and priced accordingly.

What is the name of the YouTube channel that reviews high end grills? Did you mean to post a link?

Back