duck

James Satriano

I'm new to this forum. Got a wsm from my wife for our 10th and have made ribs twice and picnic once with very satisfactory results. I was wondering if anyone had done duck. Any info would be greatly appreciated

I do both duck and goose breasts (Wild) game that I have harvested. I dont do anything special other than I use smokey mountian cure the day befoe its basicaly a brine. I smoked the meat until abut 175-180 internal then shred and mix in BBQ sauce. Its really great.

Also check the wild game section of this board.

If I bought my wife a WSM for her anniversary present she would probably kill me, stuff me into it, and bury me in the backyard.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Babek:
If I bought my wife a WSM for her anniversary present she would probably kill me, stuff me into it, and bury me in the backyard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha, I was thinking the same thing. I can just hear the argument..."Hey Honey! Here's a WSM for your Birthday! Oh you don't want it? I've got the perfect solution...I'll take it! Nooo, we don't have to return it..."
icon_biggrin.gif

I've done pheasant in the WSM but never duck. When duck season rolls around here in N. California this fall, I'll be sure to try it. Hopefully I'll be able to hit 'em this year...
icon_rolleyes.gif

James-- Search in Poultry in the recipe section.
For best skin texture you'll want to steam the duck first, or give it a boiling water bath. For very crisp skin what I often do just before serving: cut up the duck and fry, skin down, in oil (spiced or not; sesame, olive--depends on what I've done with the duck and how I'm serving it) for a few minutes till the skin is very crisp.

Guys, guys, chill. I got it FROM her not for her. Her gift came in one of those little baby blue Tiffany's boxs. If I could have found a way to fit a wsm in one of those boxes she would probably have loved it.

Back