Ducane Stainless 5-Burner for Sale

1) No, I don't think so.

2) Probably some, but don't expect to find everything you need.

These are kind of "Weber Orphans" as Weber bought the Ducane name (originally a proud maker of simple, rugged cast aluminum grills similar to Broilmaster) to experiment with overseas production. Once they settled on that being OK - :mad: - they no longer needed Ducane, and it fell by the wayside. Some of these grills I understand were made from good stainless and are pretty good. That one may be one of those. Still, I wouldn't pay $200 for an uncertain outcome and dubious ability to keep it going.

The BBQ depot probably has the best selection of parts for Ducane grills, both pre and Weber era. I might try and get the grills' model # and make sure that at least the important parts are still available. It does look like a nice grill, could be worth it.

Okay, this is a little weird - same grill up for sale in Warren, MI.

Edit: seems I grabbed the wrong listing, and now the one in Warren is gone. There are a couple of others in southeast Michigan, though.

Last edited:
They're well made grills pretty much all 304SS. So rust should not be an issue. But, other than generic parts there is nothing out there. For Chinese they're top notch quality

I rehabbed and flipped a Ducane...once. In doing so, I "only" lost about $150 in the process. It was a nicely made piece without a doubt, but costs just spiraled the further I got into it. I remember the ignitor being an extremely hard to find and/or cross over part and eventually used something from a Jenn-Air grill that was a very close match and entirely overpriced. The weirdest thing I remember about the Ducane is a safety feature that does not allow you to ignite a burner when any other burner is set to the "high" setting. I still don't know how or understand how that worked and only stumbled across the feature in some online literature when trying to find a fix for why the darn thing would not light all the time. Now I know. And now I know not to try to rehab a Ducane anymore.

Good info, Tom. I agree with Larry about the solid 304 (at least that's what appears to be the case), but I just don't see one of these. Not worth it as a "keeper" and your experience shows it could be futile to try and flip. Sadly, Weber used up the Ducane name, and it no longer has much recognition or appeal.

The Weber name may mean more than some of its grills actually deliver, but everyone knows it. Better to fix up one of those in my opinion for resale - or even as a keeper if you are starting with an older Genesis.

Back