Dreamland One Hour Ribs All Hype?

jeff lowe

TVWBB Super Fan
I have heard of these one hour Dreamland ribs and can not believe they could be any good. Anyone try their method with any results?

I am going to experiment with higher temperature ribs but this is ridiculous.....

I have seen clones of the sauce in searches but not much at all on the technique.

1 HOUR? Well, i wouldn't doubt it. I've eaten there in Mobile, AL a couple of times. The ribs are cooked directly over the fire, about 3.5 feet off the ground. Both times I found them OK, but I've certainly had (and made) better. They were on the tough side and still pretty greasy.
Their pork butts are cooked higher up on the grill, but still above the fire. The pulled pork was good both times, but it had been chopped more than simply pulled.
On the bright side, they did sell me some hickory logs to bring back on the flight!
My co-workers were stunned as I struggled to carry a 75-lb duffel bag to the airport...

Dreamland ribs are about their sauce, they only spend an hour on a hot grill but they are not the best ribs you will ever have.

Fast Eddie cooks ribs at 275 and does very well with them competitively, but it takes longer than hour to cook great ribs.
Jim

Back