Does Weber Read This Stuff?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doug D:
"Weber Dave" Estrem left Weber a number of years ago for other pursuits. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't that Joe Osburn who maybe still works for Weber ?

Paul

I know that some of the people who work for weber know of this site. I ordered some replacement vents for my wsm back in the spring. The lady who took my order started asking me questions about my smoker. She had never used one and asked what all I cooked. She also told me there was a website that was pretty much devoted to the wsm. I told her that is the place that made me decide to buy the wsm. She hasn't ever been to the site but knew of it. She sounded like an older lady. She probobly doesn't have a computer at home.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff T Miller:
.....She had never used one and asked what all I cooked. She also told me there was a website that was pretty much devoted to the WSM. I told her that is the place that made me decide to buy the WSM. She hasn't ever been to the site but knew of it. She sounded like an older lady. She probobly doesn't have a computer at home. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh huh, Jeff. I'm an older lady (no offense taken, by the way) and DO have a computer at home, thank goodness. If it weren't for Chris Allingham's TVWB site, I'd have sold my WSM a year after I bought it in 1987 because of Weber's poor instructions in the booklet that came with my smoker. I'm having the time of my life with it now, thanks to Chris A. and the incredibly helpful members I've happily gotten to know over the last few years, yourself included. Thanks All!

Rita

I do hope Weber reads this stuff - it would probably give them a swelled head.

Gee Rita, I am an older man over 40. She sounded more like my grandma's age rather than mine. Actually now that I think about it I think she may have actually told me she didn't have a computer at home when I asked if she had ever been to the site. I don't know. I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday. Remembering details from a conversation from several months ago is definately out of the question.
icon_wink.gif

I am glad no offense was taken, none was intended. I just thought it was great someone was talking up the site who hadn't ever visited it.

Wow I just reread your post. I didn't realize Chris has had his site up since the late 80's. I wish I would have found it before I bought my first brinkman.
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff T Miller:...I didn't realize Chris has had his site up since the late 80's. ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not quite - only since 1998.

Paul

As a noob to the WSM picture, I look at it in a slightly different, more automotive way. Weber has provided us with something very reliable and fully functional straight out of the box. Kinda like a car without much flash. But add a few choice options, and you end up with something like a Ferrari.

I already had a Brinkman cooker, and wore the thing out. Loved the handles. Something similar will make it onto my WSM. The clay pot is another great idea, and it will find its way into my cooker as well.

Frank, I strongly suggest that you do the clay saucer mod. Get a clay saucer (walmart) of the size that will just fit in or on you water pan, double foil the water pan/saucer and use that in lieu of the semi-filled water pan. Makes life (cleanup) so much easier.

Personally, I have also mounted handles & eyelets on my WSM and have it on an 18" Bar-B-Kettle base, but if I were to get a new WSM, at the same time I would buy a clay saucer.

HAPPY SMOKING

Back