Does anyone use spray bottle on pork butt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_W

TVWBB Super Fan
I have a butt on WSM right now. I have been wrapping in foil at 160, then bringing on up to 200 internal for pulled pork. I want to try the "bark" butt today. Do I need to spray with apple juice? When do I put sauce on butt? Or do I put sauce on at all? I bought some Head Country sauce yesterday at the "Jack."

I dry rubbed last night, then coated in mustard before putting on the WSM about an hour ago. It went on about 8:45am.

The foil method makes for some really tender meat, but I need to learn to do the bark as well....

Jim,

I'm lazy when I do pork butt. No mops, no sauces, no turning, nothing. Just watch it cook to perfection and let the WSM do the work.

Sometimes I'm also lazy and just let the butt be the butt. Otherwise, yes, I will spray. I like to make up the Soutern Sop from the Renowned Mr Brown recipe, simmer it for a while with extra red pepper flakes, and strain it out so that it'll go through a spray bottle. Adding a coupla spoonfuls of apple juice concentrate to it adds a nice touch.

Keri C
Smokin on Tulsa Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back