Does anyone ever use a Go Anywhere gas?

Jon Alex

TVWBB Member
I have a GAG (is this the correct acronym?) and it just sits in the barn attic. I used it a bunch of times years ago but the flavorizer unit didn't last long and eventually rusted and broke. Is there really any use or need for these in the Weber catalog when the Q100 is really a much better unit? It's only real advantage is that it's light weight.

You can get a new flavorizer plate from Weber. I bought a GA gas for camping when there are fire restrictions in effect (still haven't used it). It still has a purpose as far as I'm concerned!

thats a hard one cuz we just don't really know what yer needs are. the gga is lighter and in other ways more conveniant than the q100. but it won't get hot like the q either. as all my gga's were gotten cheaply they work fine to me. i don't really worry about grill marks. but if hot and grill marks mean more than the weight then for sure get a q.
the flavorizer plate(fancy name for a shield) is not cheap. goes for around $18-19. i found one for $12 so the cheap price is out there. and they need to be cleaned regularly.

I fully agree with George. The GA gas can not compete with the Q in terms of how it cooks. The Q has more consistent heat, gets hotter, has better grates, and is more wind resistant. The Q is also MUCH easier to clean.

With that said, the go anywhere is much smaller making it more portable and can be carried with one hand. For this reason, we call ours the Weber lunch box.

I think the Weber lunch box is perfect for quick outings where all you want to cook is a few dogs or burgers. We also use it on rainy days as it fits on our front porch quite nicely!

Here are some turkey burgers on the front porch during last night's storm:

Back