Does anybody have a reasonable idea?

T Bounds

TVWBB Super Fan
Greetings, friends. So it appears that Memorial Day, July 4 and now Labor Day have come and gone with no sale by Kingsford. Now, I don't think they are obligated to make a sale price, but I don't get the reason for the sudden change this year.

It makes no sense to me that Kingsford would make the big sale for years if they were losing money. So why not make the sale at least once this year? I'd be glad to hear anyone's reasonable, insider or other idea. Thanks for any replies that help.

Greetings, friends. So it appears that Memorial Day, July 4 and now Labor Day have come and gone with no sale by Kingsford. Now, I don't think they are obligated to make a sale price, but I don't get the reason for the sudden change this year.

It makes no sense to me that Kingsford would make the big sale for years if they were losing money. So why not make the sale at least once this year? I'd be glad to hear anyone's reasonable, insider or other idea. Thanks for any replies that help.
My guess is demand is up because many more are cooking at home.

"It's the new normal".

I anticipate price increases in the future because of the increase in transportation costs and cost of raw materials as well as an extremely tight labor market. Many people are not returning to work after work furloughs but instead exploring other opportunities. The lumber market went sky high and is only now starting to come back down in the wholesale market. My guess is that the slowdown in lumber production likely affects charcoal briquette manufacturers who use the sawdust in their manufacturing process.

Back