Do these wheels fit most silver B's....and maybe some A's? I am tired of old chalky whitewalls :(

Hi Jim, the wheels fit on pre-2008 Genesis and Spirit. They fit on the old 13 bars grills too.

Buy the wheel and strip off the whitewalls.

I leave the wheels on the grill, strip off the whitewalls and paint the wheels with the rest of the grill. Then I paint the whitewalls and reinstall

Thanks Sam.....
Most of the grills I have for resto seem to have extremely brittle sidewalls. I have yet to remove one successfully for reinstall so in most cases I just paint the wheel black and sell the grill as is. But for the true beauties I want them to a nice lookin wheel. I have seen some of the chatter on here about removing the sidewall and painting it but mine just crumble when I look at them....I really wish Weber would just sell sidewalls for a reasonable price....I would buy 20 of them!

@JimV , This guy created a zip file for the Weber Insert. If you know someone with a 3d printer you can have them made. You can not sell them though. He does have a license in there, but I am not sure if this can be posted though. Usually creators want to donate to them. I am not sure if it is a 8 inch one though. Maybe you can search him for more info I lost the link. I looked at the read me and it has the name of the creator. I wish he would have left an email or a website in there. @Chris Allingham please delete if you feel this inappropriate.

Attachments

Last edited:
Usually the rear wheel is in much better condition than the front one. I always swap them after I clean them up. If the front one is too bad, I head for my parts bin.

Ya thanks I saw when that was being talked about on here.
Bruce you are correct.....rear wheel is better....but still in most 10 to 15yr old grills they are brittle. It just kills me to do hours of detailed work and having it roll on some brittle ole turds :( ... I might have to buy 4 brand new wheels at $6 each and just use one good one per flipper.

Ya man.....I caved in too......I ordered 4 at that price and I will use 1 per flipper on the front facing wheel.

I tried printing that 3d file. It's too small as it is configured. Three kettles must have smaller wheels. Unfortunately scaling it up correctly is difficult and I don't think they provided the design file to modify. I've been meaning to learn this process better but just don't have the time to do so.

@RichB NH , Thanks for the update. Yes the title says Webber Kettle, So maybe it is for those Weber Kettle 6" Grill Wheels. Even though it may be for those how were the results. Did it work making those successfully?

As soon as I realized it was the wrong size I scrapped the print. It was just an attempt to see if it was the right size. I'm sure it would have come it great. If there is a good model in the STL it's up to the user and printer to make the right tweaks for it to come out clean. I was going to try to scale it up but it is not easy on the slicing software to scale to a specific value. I also wasn't sure if the mounting points were going to line up correctly

Back