do these look like 26" kettles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TroyRedington

TVWBB All-Star
craigslist ad

I email asking if the black one was bigger, because it LOOKS a bit bigger (probably an illusion, or perspective)

She replied saying that her husband says they're BOTH 26.

From the 26" models I've seen, the lids look a bit flatter. Do these look like 26" to you?

Its more than an hour away from me, otherwise I'd drive there to check myself.

The one on the right looks like a 26". I am not sure though but it looks like the one on the left is a 22.5".

I would go check it out especially for the $19 price tag. Even if it is a 22.5" that is still a decent price.

Good luck

The one on the right is almost surely a 26.

Referencing the Weber Family Portraits thread and measuring the relative ratio of sizes of known SJ's, 22's, and 26's, and comparing to the relative ratio of those in the CL photo, the one on the right is 2x the width of the SJ and that'd make it a 26. The one on the left is not quite as wide but is more than the ratio so it could be either a 22 or 26.

2 hours for a pair of 26's? Road trip!

Heck, back in VA, I used to commute 1.5 hrs each way every workday.

i emailed her and told her i'd pay $30 a piece if she could measure and confirm that they're 26".

Hopefully they are.
Then my wife will kill me.

Be careful Troy, I believe they are both 22's. The lid is just sitting to the side on one. The 26 is substantially bigger. You would easily see the difference. Also notice a real older 26 has a kind of a flat top. Please let us know what happens.

Side by Side: 26.75 on left, 22 on right

kettles001.jpg

Troy...they look like 22's to me. If you look at the picture closer, the blacker one of the two is farther away from the house...or closer to the photographer. This gives it the illusion of being larger. I live like 30 minutes from them, but I really dont believe they are anything more than 22's. Marks pic show the difference, plus when I look at my own 26 next to my 22...its not even close. Keep us posted if you get a response.

She said she'd hold them for me, and she'd measure them tomorrow morning and call me.

I'm pretty sure they're 22's as well. However, if they're both 26" I committed to buying both at $30 a piece (to convince her to hold/measure)

I only want one though.

Troy they both look like 22" kettles, the lid on the green one is tilted, if u look at the wall in the back at the electrical line running str across both grills seem to be of the same height if the lid was on properly, hope i am wrong and u can get the 26 u have been looking for gd luck bud.

Those are most definitely both 22.5" kettles.

26.75" kettles are easy to visually spot. Look at Jeff's photos above.

1. A 26.75" lid has a very broad shouldered lid profile, a pretty wide flat top area, then nearly squared off at the outer edge of the lid to drop down to the bowl. A 22.5" has a much rounder lid profile. 26.75" lids are machined from spun steel and you can see the rings (the blurry reflected area on Jeff's photo). 22.5" are smoothly stamped steel with no rings (clear reflections in Jeff's photo).

2. On a 26.75" There are 4 metal bars making up the triangular "rack" at the bottom by the wheels. On a 22.5" (and 18.5") there are 3 (gold) or one (silver).

3. It's not a little bigger, it's a LOT bigger. You will really know when you see a 26.75".

3. 8" wheels on the 26.75", while a 22.5" has 6 inch wheels. Again, you will know when you see it.

Good luck, and keep hunting for a 26.75". Those aren't.

Hey Troy...here's another photo to show you how much bigger the 26.75 is compared to the 22.5. This picture shows a 22" lid inside of the 26" grills bowl. They are THAT much bigger!

blueweber.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back