Do I toss it out or cook it?

Bill W.

TVWBB Member
Last night I took a 10lb. pork butt out of my freezer to defrost. I was going to bring it upstairs to the fridge before I went to bed. I woke up 8 hours later on the couch. The pork was still frozen in the middle and it felt cold on the outside. I immediately put it in the fridge. Do I cook it or toss it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill W.:
... The pork was still frozen in the middle and it felt cold on the outside. I immediately put it in the fridge. Do I cook it or toss it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would not hesitate to cook it.

Paul

No question, I would cook it. That is how my mom always thawed meat when I was growing up and I still use that method today on occasion (although I usually remember to bring the meat upstairs and put it in a dish to avoid getting blood all over).

Mark

if it was still frozen inside, I don't think it is much of a problem. However, if we don't see any posts from you in the coming weeks, we'll know we steered you the wrong way. oops.
icon_smile.gif

Yes, it was cryovac and it was frozen for about 2 months before I took it out. I also seem to remember my mom leaving meat out on the counter all day to thaw it for supper. Thanks guys for the advice!

Back