Do I have the propane/air mix adjusted correctly?

AndySo

TVWBB Member
My first fully restored Genesis Silver B, had to get new burner tubes but when I first fired it up I had a hard time with the flame keeping lit (they were hovering), looked around and it looks like the air/propane mix was off so I adjusted it as best as I could with all 3 tubes on full at the same time. Do these flames look well adjusted? I'm still getting some yellowing at the cross over tube where it connects to the rear and the front burner tubes but I can't figure out how to fix that. Looking for feedback to see if I have the propane/air mix adjusted correctly now. TIA.

IMG_4599.JPGIMG_4600.JPG

On my grill, (I don't know if it's the correct way to do it) I adjusted the shutter on the front burner to where there were maximum flames coming out of all the holes by the igniter. (Like your middle burner) I was having troubles getting it to ignite on the first try and since adjusting, it ignites on the first try every time. Then I try to match the other burners to look the same as the front.

I don't know why they put that circle of holes around the middle burner. Maybe to even out the heat from right to left. Since the crossover tube is always lit, you would think the left side of the grill would get hotter than the right side. Maybe those extra holes on the right side help keep the right side as warm as the left side?

Gerry

Back