DIY ThermoWorks Signals hard shell case with protecting foam

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I wasn’t happy with the ThermoWorks Signals storage case solutions they have for sale on their website.

So I procured and built my own solution and only needed to make a few small cuts to get a perfect fit to protect my Signals and probes.

The Signals unit needed only a small cut of the foam to make a near perfect fit. The width was already to size so just the top curve need a trim.

The charger and USB cable needed a form cut out so both with fit snugly in the foam. And the colored rings, we just popped out the foam cylinder that was already pre cut in the OEM foam.

All probes fit perfectly in the mesh pocket. No mods needed. Just wrap your probe cables gently and you’re good to go.

And all this for $15?!?!? Yup. I’ll include the Amazon link below.

1652931776138.jpeg

1652931795408.jpeg

1652931823748.jpeg

The Small case measures: 9 x 7 x 2.5 inches

Originally designed for GoPro cameras

Amazon Basics Small Carrying Case for GoPro And Accessories - 9 x 7 x 2.5 Inches, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PMMBBSG/?tag=tvwb-20

Kind of humble they don't include a decent case with the device.
what's worse is the case they sell doesn't fit the device well per their own reviews. Maybe I just inspired them.

Either way, I like the ruggedness of this case and it protects all the parts very well. Even if I travel, I feel confident using this case.

For $15, this is a steal.

Last edited:
I, too, recently bought hard cases for my 3 ThermoPro systems.

I highly recommend it for everyone.

<and the money keeps trickling away>

Back