Direct TV dish

Donny Anderson

TVWBB Super Fan
I just bought a CL WSM yesterday that was mounted on to a convex disc with casters mounted on it. I quizzed the previous owner about where he found the dish for mounting. Turns out it is a satellite TV dish mounted convex side up! It really fits well and the casters are mounted well. I'll try to get some pictures posted next week if anyone is interested in seeing this mod.

Yes, please! We got an HDTV the 1st. of the year, and they have to change out the dish. I've got 1 in the garage. They are heavy enough and should be pretty stable. Sounds like a pretty cool mod.

Can't wait to see this - I work next to a dish installer and there are always a bunch of dishes laying around.

I'll get some pictures up later this week. I'm traveling to San Francisco tomorrow and won't be home until Wednesday. I plan on posting some detailed photos for you. Let's shoot for Thursday evening. Sorry for the delay.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keith H.:
Watching this thread with interest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too.

Sorry guys for the wait. Its funny how life can get in the way of what you would really rather be doing...
Anyhoo, here are my pictures. Let me know if there any other angle you'd like to see.
Today is the maiden voyage for her here at the Anderson house - 3 butts and steady as she goes...
Pictures

The caster system held up well during its overnight cook. We had a pretty strong thunderstorm blow through last night and it is right where I left it. I did learn that the dish will need additional holes for drainage as there was standing water.

Donny:

Thanks for the pics. I have often thought about casters on the legs but always backed off due to the lack of lateral support. This solves that problem.

This is great... as soon as I got my new 22.5, the first thing I thought to do was figure a way to get wheels on it. I'm looking at water heater trays now... that dish mod is outstanding!

Back