Dino Ribs and Zucchini on my pick-up OTG

Steve D MI

TVWBB Member
Wish I took pics, but I made one chimney of kbb, split it in the charcoal baskets. Added a chunk of oak to each, added a drip pan. put beef ribs on (homemade rub, much like bone suckin' rub but with less sugar). indirect heat for 1 hour (lid registered 410). at the end of the hour I put on direct heat just to add some more texture.

it was AWESOME. not bad for the first cook on a free, unused OTG. I was worried it would lose too much beefiness, but I think it was just about perfect. maybe do a bit less rub, and more just dust it. unbelievable smoke ring btw. I may convert to high temp ribs (pork loin back and st. louis) after all.

zucchini I just cut into disks, EVOO, salt, pepper.... put onto doubled aluminum foil. oak was still going slightly so it got a slight smokiness to it. my daughter and I both really enjoyed it.

was going to cook two big porterhouses also, but the wife was going on a girls night out, and that would have been way too much of a gluttony. I did do baked potatoes also, but no recipe is needed for that.

Back