Dinner

Look really good, Brett @JohnTak ! (Edit: started by misreading the caption.) 🥺 How did you smoke the ribs, in the foil pan as shown? At what temp and to what temp.

I have 3.4 lbs of short ribs from Costco I want to do, but did not have good results on my first try some time back. Oddly (at least to me), there is not section on Short Ribs in the Cooking Topics.

Last edited:
Ok, maybe just abort that request. I'm reading through posts and just found you comments on What's Wrong with My Beef Ribs by KToliver. Lots of good info, thanks.

Look really good, Brett @JohnTak ! (Edit: started by misreading the caption.) 🥺 How did you smoke the ribs, in the foil pan as shown? At what temp and to what temp.

I have 3.4 lbs of short ribs from Costco I want to do, but did not have good results on my first try some time back. Oddly (at least to me), there is not section on Short Ribs in the Cooking Topics.
I smoked for 3 hrs on the Traeger then put them in the foil pan with a little beef broth and covered with foil for 2 hrs. Finished uncovered for about 40 minutes to concentrate the flavors. 225*-250* degrees the whole time. Brett-EDH beans were a perfect compliment to the short ribs.

Back