Dinner is served.

SO here's how goofy the whole USPS thing is. (and this is not a political rant as it's been going on FAR longer than the last 2 presidents). If I mail a Christmas card to someone in my local zip code. It is picked up, sent to Cherry Valley PO, then to the main Rockford PO (61016 to 61125) then put on a truck and sent all the way to Palatine IL 60083 IIRC, then put back on a truck sent to 61125, from there back to 61016 where it is FINALLY distributed to the actual recipient I intended who may be simply around the corner from my house. So that piece of LOCAL mail I sent makes a round trip of well in excess of 100 miles, and 2 days worth of excess travel
Despite all this idiocy the USPS claims they're broke, can't perform unless they get a huge hike in fees, don't have enough people and so on. How about simply distributing mail in a manner that makes sense?!
OK off my soap box

Yah, I have tracked packages that have gotten to within an hour of my house and then were sent somewhere 250 miles away.

Hope you don't mind me tucking this post under a thread titled "Dinner is Served" - just seemed like the right place :)

Christmas tenderloin cooked on my restored 2003 Silver B. For the first time I used the Charcoal Companion Stainless Steel V-Shape Smoker Box. Not sure a 45 minute indirect grill is intended purpose but it really tasted great. Many thanks to Bruce for that tip.

beef_tenderloin.jpg

Hope you don't mind me tucking this post under a thread titled "Dinner is Served" - just seemed like the right place :)

Christmas tenderloin cooked on my restored 2003 Silver B. For the first time I used the Charcoal Companion Stainless Steel V-Shape Smoker Box. Not sure a 45 minute indirect grill is intended purpose but it really tasted great. Many thanks to Bruce for that tip.

View attachment 20778
Reverse sear is the way to go for sure

Sure is a juicy Tenderloin. I can taste it from here. I have a pork tenderloin I will be doing up soon, but Chicken leg quarters are on tap for tonight.

Back