digital thermometers

How 'bout we buy it from Amazon through Chris' site and have him benefit from it?

I hope this URL post works ... TVWB Shopping Page

Look for the ET-73 on this page. I need to re-buy mine (an interesting and somewhat humorous (to others) story).

I also have the ET 73 and it works flawlessly. Ive recomended it to others and works well for them too. Additionally, their customer service is excellent.

Rick, I have the ET-73 and it is great. I love it for overnight smokes. It has an alarm you can set that will beep if you temp dips below a certain point and a backlight so you can use it in the dark. It is nice not having to get out of bed to check the temp. I consider it a must have.

Thanks Shawn

I just ordered it. Also what do you think do we need to use bimetal thermometers mounted to the WSM if using dual probe digitals. And one more thing what are you thoughts on the BBQ Guru's eyelet kit for the hangers.

Also with the ET-73, what sort of signal distance are folks getting. Mine seems to also be senstive to position, direct line of sight is of coure better, however that can make it inconvenient to position the receiver in a convenint spot for overnighters.

Paul, I get pretty good distance with the et-73. I would say right around 100ft. We live in a 2 story with a walk out basement and I do my cooking on the patio outside the basement. I sleep on the 2nd story and my signal works just fine. It has got to be close to 100 feet to my room from the smoker. The only place in the house I have probelems with is in the garage and it is much closer than my room. I think there may be one to many walls in the way.

Back