DigiQ3 difficult to program?

Phil P

I just rcv’d my DigiQ3. I am not happy with the small 3 character display, it makes it difficult to program. Anyone else agree? Also, who counts the number of blinks to determine the blower speed? That is cheesy.

I haven't seen the DigiQ3. I have a couple of the DigiQ2's and I love them. I'll read up on the 3's but based on what you said, doesn't sound like much of an improvement.

I just rcv’d my DigiQ3. I am not happy with the small 3 character display, it makes it difficult to program. Anyone else agree? Also, who counts the number of blinks to determine the blower speed? That is cheesy.
I used mind for the first time this weekend, and I just set my temps and went with it, nothing too complicated. It could blink all day if it wanted to, as long as it holds my temperature (which it did).

Thanks. It is pretty easy to setup. I am just not one to read the instructions. Plus, I've gotten spoiled by big computer monitors and pretty iPads and iPhones. A 3 digit red led display is so 1985.

I just used mine for the first time last night. I like the 1985 simplicity of it. I played with the setting menus (had to use the book) but could have, and will going forward just set it and forget it. Worked like a champ. I was looking for something without all the wifi/bluetooth bells and whistles that I wouldn't use.

I agree that 3 character display is pretty cheesy and basic, but it gets the job done thought without any of the bells and whistles. It is easy to use and straight forward. I ended up selling mine and getting a Fireboard 2 since I wanted something I can control over my phone and more plugs. The other options are going to cost significantly more than the DigiQ3

Back