DigiQ / ET732 readings

NeilH

TVWBB Emerald Member
I noticed on a recent cook the food probe for my maverick and digiq ran side by side, but for some reason the pit probes read about twenty degrees off and they were two inches apart. The maverick was showing twenty degrees cooler. I did the boil test with the maverick pit probe and it was 212 on the dot. Anybody else had this problem before?

I have seen some variance but not 20 degrees off. Did you test the DX2 probe? I'd do the boil test on both at the same time.

I normally clip the DX2 pit probe right to the same grate mount of the Maverick, and they stay pretty close, but are usually about 5 degrees off.

Ok, both pit probes read 212. The maverick was in its metal clip and the guru stuck thru a wooden clothes pin within inches apart in middle of the grate away from the meat. I went by the guru temp but wanted a comparison.

Last edited:
The maverick was in its metal clip and the guru stuck thru a wooden clothes pin within inches apart in middle of the grate away from the meat.

I've noticed similar from time to time. Once I took the time to narrow it down - for me - it came down to those few inches.

I have a device that stacks my Et-732 and Guru probes right on top of each other. I generally find the Guru running about 5* cooler which I don't consider significant. The guru also updates faster.

I am currently having the same issue with my Party Q and iGrill. I've corrected the temperature spike by shutting down the top damper a little (this is the first time I've done that...took a big gulp and did it though). Everything seems to be running without issue now. Put on a peach injected pork butt. I'm hoping to have a tasty meal later on after the Aggies win.

I am currently having the same issue with my Party Q and iGrill. I've corrected the temperature spike by shutting down the top damper a little (this is the first time I've done that...took a big gulp and did it though). Everything seems to be running without issue now. Put on a peach injected pork butt. I'm hoping to have a tasty meal later on after the Aggies win.
I think you'll have two wins Benjamin. I'm watching it now. Manziel will have two more at least I think.

It turned out great... I would post pics but haven't mastered that yet and I don't want to clog up the forums with my screw ups.
Ben, I use photobucket then copy and paste the link to your message. Don't worry, its a headache to everyone until you get use to it.

Back