DigiQ DX Problem?

Stefan B

TVWBB All-Star
I just noticed that when i power up the unit with no probes or fan plugged in the unit reads <span class="ev_code_RED">HI</span> and continually beeps. Is this normal for the unit?

Anyone else's display window loose? Got a fix for it??

Just received my DigiQ DX2 for Christmas. Once unpacked, I noticed my screen was detached from the housing and some of the painted on words are smeared. You would think the product would be inspected thoroughly and held to a higher standard for $300. I plan on calling customer service and requesting a replacement as soon as they open after the holiday. Not sure what to tell you about the HI reading.

Stefan,
I get the Hi message when I start the digi without the food and pit probes inserted. When you insert them the Hi goes away and I start getting temp readings.

I normally have my probes and fan plugged in before I plug in the 12 VDC. If you've got the blower, pit probe, and food probe plugged in before you power up, I don't think you'll get the Hi reading. I don't.

I really like my digi and it's a fairly simple thing to use, but the installation and instructional manuals leave a lot to the desired. I almost needed a magnifying glass to read my manual. I think the font was about a 4 pt or something like that.

Guru is very good at answering email questions and has great support otherwise.

Thanks for the reply Gary. I did get a email from BBQ Guru echoing your findings, so all is well. As for the window repair just not sure if i want to deal with shipping time back and forth from Canada.

Stefan,
I missed the part about the loose display window in your post. If it's any concern at all, I'd contact them about it. I got my digi a few months ago and the window wasn't loose.

I too found the small print of the manual hard to read I printed it off their website twice second time i enlarged it using view (windows) then I just had a few pages. to flip through. Was much easier to read.

Gents;

I always have my probe or probes plugged in as well as the blower before I power the Digi-Q up. When the controller sets the logic for that particular use, it recognizes the probe(s) and blowers configuration. It seems to run flawlessly for me this way.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Morrey Thomas:
Gents;

I always have my probe or probes plugged in as well as the blower before I power the Digi-Q up. When the controller sets the logic for that particular use, it recognizes the probe(s) and blowers configuration. It seems to run flawlessly for me this way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is how i've also been kicking things off, but for some reason i powered up the unit without any probes or fan plugged in and found it only gave the HI alarm. Perfectly normal as you've all said and BBQ Guru confirmed.
They gave me an RMA # to send the unit in for repair for the loose display window.

Back