Difference in Picnics?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Tonight I'll do my first WSM picnic....what do I differently than I do with butts?

The cut has less internal fat than a butt, I normally don't take them to the same finish temp as a butt. Start to check for tenderness after it reaches 170?.
Jim

Thanks Jim...well, it's almost 8 and I just put the picnic on. 69 degrees, the smokers is at 223 and I'm stablilizing her now. Should be interesting. Just before I go to bed I might throw on some chicken thighs that are still a little frozen.

Families in from Charlotte this weekend, so I hope I can give em some good Q tomorrow!

Oh, almost forgot...lit the fire tonight for the first time with my new weed burner! Certainly is effective! Sounds like a welders torch...wet down the yard before I lit it. The only difference between men and boys is the size of their toys, they say....

Well, those pics looked so good I went out and got myself one for a smoke tomorrow. Since mine is about the same weight, I will plan on about 11 hours (watch...MINE will take 18!)
What did you use for a rub or brine...it looked like the BRITU mix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back