Did beer can chicken without rub. Need rub (and more beer).

Joseph C

TVWBB Fan
Cooked at 260 for ~3 hours. Very moist and I was also shocked that there was beer left unless the chicken made a beer run when I wasn't looking. If anyone has a great rub recipe please share.

Personally, I think the steaming liquid should be pre-heated before putting it into the beer can chicken roaster or can so it gets started doing its thing sooner.

Rita

I use BRITU rub on my beer can chicken and it comes out great. In my WSM I usually do two chickens on the top rack with beer can holders and just lay a third chicken on the lower rack. They have always turned out just fine.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'd give Texas BBQ Rub </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree with Greg. This is an excellent rub for beer can chicken.

Ray

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Greg Rempe:
I'd give Texas BBQ Rub a try...very good on chicken! I've also heard Wolfe Rub is good too! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like Wolferub on chicken. Nice and sweet with a little heat.

Back